Anthony De Longis
Anthony has been a professional teacher, performer and student of the bladed arts for over 40 years and counting. Anything with a blade, both fighting and throwing, in styles encompassing the European (Saber, Rapier and Dagger, Broadsword, Smallsword, Axe, Staff, etc), Japanese katana and spear and the Filipino bladed arts, and he does it all from horseback. Visit his web site (http://www.delongis.com) to see him in action.
A Fifth Degree Black Belt, he’s a member of the Black Belt Hall of Fame (2008 Weapons Instructor of the Year), collegiate saber champion and a 2nd Degree Black Belt and instructor in Shinkendo under Sensei Mathew Lynch and Kaiso Toshishiro Obata, De Longis invented his unique “rolling loop, follow the handle” style of Combative Whip artistry based on decades of bladed weapons training in European (with Maestro Ralph Faulkner), Filipino (with Guro Dan Inosanto) and Japanese combative sword styles.
Visit the Whip Master on his website at http://www.delongis.com/Skills.html to see him cut the wick from beneath a candle flame, slice effortlessly through a hand-held wine glass and sever targets from horseback at full gallop from the fingers of an opposing rider as they pass at full gallop.
Whip Master to the Stars : Anthony created a more efficient, effective, accurate and visually dynamic method of Whip artistry for Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman in BATMAN RETURNS. He trained and shared these methods with Harrison Ford for Indiana Jones in KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, Angelica Houston in BUFFALO GIRLS and Ellen Barkin in WILD BILL, and the whip fighters in THE RUNDOWN, as well as a legion of professional and amateur performers and martial artists.
Anthony De Longis Coaches and Teachers:
- Godan (5th degree) Black Belt, awarded 2010 at Karate College by the Dojo Association in Goshin Ju Jitsu by Sensei James Houston, Soke Michael De Pasquale, Coach Ric Anderton, Renzo Gracie, Dr. Jerry Beasley.
- Ren-i (2nd Degree Black Belt) and Instructor in Shinkendo: Japanese Swordsmanship under Sensei Mathew Lynch and system founder Kaiso Toshishiro Obata
- Black Belt Hall of Fame: Inducted 2008 as Weapons Instructor of the Year
- Guro Dan Inosanto: student for 12 years in Kali, Wing Chun, Penjak Silat, Savate, Boxing, Karate
- Tae Kwon Do: Red Belt under Master Yong Kil Kim
- International Knife Throwers Hall of Fame: inducted 2009
- USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame (the oldest in the country since 1976): as a Martial Arts Pioneer.
- Maestro Ralph Faulkner, 15 years with Olympian and Coach of multiple champions
- Coach Carlos Fuertes – Pan Pacific Games Champion and Competition Director and Sports Manager for the the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games.
- Coach George Ganchev – Professional World Sabre Champion & British Fencing Team Coach
- Coaches Gehrman Hailey, Mark Berger, Muriel Bower, Ted Katzoff
- Maestro Ramon Martinez & Maestro Jeanette Acosta-Martinez: seminars in Rapier and Smallsword in Spain and France.
- Maestro James Loriega: seminars in Navaja in Spain and Combat de Couteau in France